Sunday, September 25, 2011

Writing

So, I finally got around to watching Game of Thrones. Watched the entire first season in a couple of days. Of course for me that meant hunting for links to full episodes online as I don't have cable. I was quite impressed with the series. And it also sparked my love of  writing. Creative writing that is. I've been writing short stories and essays since I was about seven, but George R.R. Martin's work brought to life made me want to jump back in the saddle so to speak. Fantasy is my genre. It's what I'm good at. I've taken a stab a horror and the work was mediocre at best and an epic disaster at worst. I tried fan fiction, but there is to little leeway with a character that has already been established by another author that it seems an injustice to do anything to alter the character. So, I've decided that it's time for me to write my own book. I plan on doing a chapter at a time, blogging them here and then once it's finished, having it published. At least that's the plan. Keep your fingers crossed, wish me luck and keep your eyes peeled. First chapter should be up within a couple of days, possibly faster if my muse stays with me.

No comments: